PhD in Philology, Docent of the Humanities Education Department of Lviv Regional Institute of Post-Diploma Pedagogical Education; Ohienka St., 18а, Lviv, Lviv region, 79007;
Heading: grammatical stylistics
The article analyzes the expressive possibilities of the words belonging to different parts of speech (nouns, adjectives, pronouns, verbs) in Lina Kostenko’s novel «Berestechko». The main focusis on the stylistic role of grammatical non-normatives used in the text of the novel in question: non-standard forms of the number of nouns, irregular forms of comparative degrees of adjectives and non-normative pronouns. Such forms are evaluated according to the norms of the literary language regarding their semantics and stylistics hades of meaning (solemnity, familiarity, diminutive form, intimacy, colloquialism, etc.) given to the utterance. There is a detailed description of the metaphoricuse of one morphological form instead of another: singular form of noun instead of plural and viceversa, one pronoun instead of the other one, one tense form and mood of the verb instead of another. The article emphasizes the technique of nounstring (the same noun in different cases and pronouns of different categories). Stylistic aim of metaphoric form usageis clarified; the description is provided how the meaning of the utteranceis changed, what stylistic shades of meaning appearine very separate case and how they influence the communicative aim of the utterance.
Keywords: expressive possibilities, stylistic function, morphological category.
1. Dziuba, I. (2010) “The Great Book of Our People” is written. Kostenko L. Вerestechko. Kyiv: Lybid, 185 – 206 (in Ukr.).
2. Yermolenko, S. (2018) Philosophy of Oles Honcharʼs speech. Culture of the word, 88, 11 – 29 (in Ukr.).
3. Kapeliushnyi, A. (2011) Transformation of textcreative function of pronouns in live speech by TV journalists. Bulletin of the University of Lviv. Series: Television and Radio Journalism. Issue. 10. P. 239 – 245 (in Ukr.).
4. Kozak, I. (2008) The Battle of Pyliavoiu, Pyliavtsiamy, Pyliavkoiu?… The voice of Ukraine. November 4. URL: http://www.golos.com.ua/article/180866 (last address: 24.04.2020) (in Ukr.).
5. Ponomariv, O. (2000) Stylistics of modern Ukrainian language. Kyiv: Navchalna knyha – Bohdan (in Ukr.).